Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Los Angeles, CA
For "Ceviche Nights," chef Ricardo Zarate, business partner Stephane Bombet and Food GPS invite some of L.A.'s top chefs into the Mo-chica kitchen to push the boundaries of ceviche. On Sunday, December 16, “Ceviche Nights” —inspired in part by Zarate’s upcoming restaurant Paichẽ, a seafood-focused cevicheria debuting in 2013—welcomes fellow FOOD & WINE “Best New Chef” Bryant Ng (The Spice Table), Thai trailblazer Kris Yenbamroong (NIGHT + MARKET) and talented pastry chef Hourie Sahakian (Short Cake) to help create 7 courses, with tasting flights from Firestone Walker Brewing Co..
1. Bryant Ng: Raw scallop (chiles, scallions, sesame, dried scallop congee)
Suggested Firestone Walker Beer Pairing: Pale 31, a California Pale Ale (4.9% ABV)
2. Kris Yenbamroong: Nam Kao Tod: crispy rice salad with fermented pork, oysters, raw ginger, onion, bird eye chile
Suggested Firestone Walker Beer Pairing: Union Jack, an India Pale Ale (7.5% ABV)
3. Ricardo Zarate: ceviche de conchas de navaja ala parilla
Ceviche of grilled razor clams. Aji amarillo dressing
Suggested Firestone Walker Beer Pairing: DBA, an English Style Bitter/Amber Ale (5% ABV)
4. Bryant Ng: Prawn ceviche (peanut sambal, onion, tomato, saltine crackers) with crispy cereal prawn head (cereal, hazelnuts, salted egg yolk, curry leaf)
Suggested Firestone Walker Beer Pairing: Double Jack, a double IPA (9.5% ABV)
5. Kris Yenbamroong: Koi Wua - Isan beef ceviche with roasted chile and rice powder
Suggested Firestone Walker Beer Pairing: Wookey Jack, a Black Rye IPA (8.3% ABV)
6. Ricardo Zarate: ceviche de pato con tacu tacu de pallares
Duck confit in Hot ceviche stew with pallares tacu tacu
Suggested Firestone Walker Beer Pairing: Velvet Merlin, an Oatmeal Stout (5.5% ABV)
7. Hourie Sahakian: Cranberry Pear Pie with Buttermilk Ice Cream and Bourbon Caramel Sauce
Suggested Firestone Walker Beer Pairing: Walker's Reserve, a Robust Porter (5.8% ABV)
Ceviche Nights is a ticketed event and tickets are available via Eventbrite.
December 16, 2012, $75 per person, inclusive of gratuity
$16 seven-beer flight, a la carte beers available for $3
10% of proceeds benefit American Red Cross Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.